If you are a fan of The Office then you know who Jenna Fischer is. She is the actress who plays Pam Beesley, the receptionist.
I cannot tell you how refreshing the character of Pam is. She is, in my opinion, as close to a depiction of a real woman that I have ever seen on television, period. No one else has ever come this close to capturing what women are really like.
Think about it all you ever see on television are housewives/mothers or driven career women(doctors, lawyers etc) who are always supermodel, drop dead gorgeous, wear designer clothes and are perfectly coiffed and made up.
Perhaps EW.com said it best in one of their features on TV crushes:
"It may take you a little while to realize that she's more than merely cute. The classic girl next door, Pam is wholesome without being boring, mischievous without being mean, bright without being obnoxious. She's the girl who laughs at your jokes, while hiding a sadness you're convinced you can cure. She is, quite simply, the most huggable female character on all of TV." — Jay Woodruff, managing editor- EW.com
Jenna Fischer is not only an actress she is also a director and a writer. She recently wrote a brief article for the September issue of Esquire magazine which pretty much sums up a few things you may not have known about women.
10 Things You Don't Know About Women
By Jenna Fischer
September 2006, Volume 146, Issue 3
1. If we run into your ex-girlfriend in public, the first thing you should do is put your arm around us. And if we have to introduce ourselves, you are in big trouble.
2. When you tell us about a business lunch you had with a woman, it's a good idea to tell us that she's fat, ugly, old, or a lesbian. Preferably all of them.
3. PMS is real. It's chemical, and it sucks. If someone told you that every thirty days you were going to get jacked repeatedly in the nuts, you'd be pissy around day twenty-six, too.
4. When we say, "I don't feel connected," the only appropriate response is, "I feel it, too. Let's go out for a nice dinner and reconnect." Try it. You will get laid.
5. If you can locate the following items in our home—tape, casserole dish, Christmas ornaments—you will get laid.
6. If you act excited about the bath mat we bought at Target, you will get laid.
7. We really want to have kids. That is, until you want to have kids. Then: "Hey, slow down. What about my career? It's my body. I'm not just a depository for your sperm, you know. Fuck off. Wait, come back. I'm sorry about that. It's sweet you want to have kids. Let's talk about it in a year."
8. You know what's really gay? Football. Instead of watching it, just have sex with another dude once a year. Get it all out of your system at once.
9. We can make a "celebrity safe list" if you want. But I am way more likely to get Patrick Dempsey to fuck me in a bathroom than you are to get Lindsay Lohan to suck you off in your car.
10. Okay, wait. Maybe not Lindsay Lohan. But you know what I mean.
If you head over to youtube, there's a pretty funny video of cast members from The Office reading this list. If you're a fan(and you really should be), then check it out.