Not So Shabby Chic

For those who are feminine, fashionable, funny and just a little nerdy.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Vera Bradley


This is one trend I just don't get. I just don't understand the appeal of these bags. Actually, what I really don't understand is the widespread, multi-generational appeal of these bags. I've seen women from age 14-75 with these multi colored quilted nightmares and I've seen them popping up everywhere from gift shops to Hallmark stores to the Yankee Candle Co. flagship store.



I can appreciate the appeal of quilted items as an alternative to leather and I can appreciate the appeal of color alternatives to the traditional black and brown, but I just can't get over the garishness of most of these designs. Can someone please explain to me what makes these bags so great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home